The wait is finally over! Tonight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio will face off in the biggest bout in boxing history.
Mayweather and Pacquiao are widely considered the best two boxers of their generation and, although the fight is perhaps coming a few years too late, there is still a hell of a lot on the line for both men.
Here are the 20 things you need to know ahead of the ‘Fight of the Century’ tonight…
1) Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather is from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
2) Manny ‘Pac-Man’ Pacquiao is from the Bukidnon province of Mindanao, Philippines
3) Pacquiao is 36-years-old, while Mayweather is 38.
4) Mayweather turned professional in 1996 and is undefeated with a record of 47-0
5) Pacquiao turned professional in 1995 and is 57-5-2 in his career
6) Mayweather is two victories away from tying Rocky Marciano’s record of 49-0
7) Mayweather’s last loss came as an amateur at the 1996 Olympic Games to Serafim Todorov
8) Pacquiao’s last loss came via knockout at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012
9) Pacquiao has been knocked out three times in his career
10) Mayweather has never been knocked out and has only been knocked down once; briefly in his win over Carlos Hernandez in 2001
11) Pacquiao holds 38 career knockout wins
12) Mayweather holds 26 career knockout wins
13) Mayweather has won titles in five different weight classes
14) Pacquiao holds the record, having won titles in eight different weight classes
15) Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be contested at welterweight (147lbs) and the WBC, WBA and WBO welterweight titles will be on the line in the bout
16) The fight takes place at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas and will be Mayweather’s 11th straight bout at the venue
17) The superfight has been five years in the making; the two men first tentatively agreed to fight in 2010 but negotiations kept breaking down
18) The fight is the richest in boxing history; the purse for the bout is set at a whopping $300million (£194,502,705), which will be split 60/40 in Mayweather’s favour. Tickets for the fight sold out in less than a minute!
19) The fight is scheduled to start at 9pm local time, which is 4am UK time (so have the snacks and energy drinks at the ready!)
20) UK viewers can watch the bout and all of the undercard on Sky Box Office for £19.95
It’s going to be fascinating to see whether the aggressive style of Pacquiao or the defensive nous of Mayweather wins out tonight. We can’t wait!