Kevin McCloud, the presenter of Grand Designs has admitted to making an episode catered to get people extremely drunk if they’re playing the Grand Designs drinking game. What a lad.
In case you haven’t heard of the Grand Designs drinking game it’s pretty simple and makes what is a pretty dull programme into something a lot more fun.
Speaking at an event this week, McCloud said: “We actually wrote an entire programme around the drinking, and it’s covert. So one of the programmes is deliberately designed to get people as drunk as possible.
“There are all kinds of rules, like every time I use the word ‘bespoke’ it’s a double shot; the wife gets pregnant half way through, that’s a treble.”
Someone has even set up Facebook page for the game.
The list of rules is huge and follows themes that are often seen in episodes, here are some of our favourites:
- The owners have not secured the funding they need to complete the project before they begin.
- The owners have not secured planning permission.
- The owners get pregnant during the build.
- Bonus points (or an extra drink) if they are in the caravan over Christmas.
- Finish a bottle of drink if Kevin McCloud predicts that the project is doomed to failure because of lack of an architect but has to eat his words at the end of the build when he is proven wrong.
For the full list of rules click here.
Although Channel 4 have denied the claims, a spokesperson said: “It is not true that an episode of Grand Designs was made with a drinking game in mind. Kevin made these comments in jest.”
We don’t believe that at all, if you want to get absolutely trashed playing the game then the episode you want to watch is series 11, episode five. You’re welcome.