A mum in China forced her young son to swallow live frogs, in an attempt to ‘cure his epilepsy’.
The unnamed woman in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, became worried when the three-year-old boy started showing what she believed to be signs of the neurological condition.
Her friends told her to try a good old folk medicine tip – swallowing live fucking frogs, obviously. They were convinced it had worked before, so she gave it a go.
Three frogs were captured, then the whole family pinned the kid down and forced the frogs down him.
After this ‘treatment’, abnormal masses started to grow on the boy’s body, and he was taken to hospital. Doctors found tapeworm larvae, some as long as 1.5 cm, and the boy was diagnosed with sparganosis, a parasitic infection that can cause blindness and brain damage.
Doctors believe the infection was caused by the frogs. It hasn’t been confirmed whether the boy had epilepsy.
What a bunch of fucking idiots.