Eleven Family Members Paralysed, Fighting For Life After Eating Pufferfish

By : UNILADTwitterLogo

0 Shares

544a6cbab80fc 200404336001 Eleven Family Members Paralysed, Fighting For Life After Eating Pufferfish

A family of 11 have been left paralysed and fighting for life after unknowingly eating a deadly Pufferfish.

Advertisement

The Souza family served the fish at a family gathering, not knowing that it was one of the most deadly fish on the entire planet.

The pufferfish contains a toxin 1,200 times more lethal than cyanide and a drop of the venom can kill an average human within 24 hours.

Its poison slows the body’s nervous system down and stops the person from breathing, while the victim remains fully conscious.

Even worse is that four toddlers were also fed the fish and are not expected to make it.

Advertisement

Each member of the family began to vomit violently after the first swallowing and their bodies started to shut down shortly after.

Cristiane Souza, who did not eat the fish, said the whole ordeal was “terrifying”.

She continued: “My husband was the first to say he couldn’t feel his tongue, then his face, and then his arms. Then his legs went dead and he couldn’t stand up any more. It was terrifying.”

Advertisement

“My brother-in-law was the same. He didn’t even make it out the door. We had to carry them out and rush them to hospital in a car.”

“We’re praying for a miracle.”

Comments