Here Is Why You Shouldn’t Keep Wearing Your Festival Wristbands

By : Alex BentleyTwitterLogo

0 Shares

1138 Here Is Why You Shouldnt Keep Wearing Your Festival Wristbands

You should be cutting your festival wrist bands off straight away, not just because they look awful, but for health reasons.

Advertisement

I’ve never understood how people can keep wrists bands on for a minute longer than they need to, let alone go about their life with loads of the things. They’re itchy, annoying, and make you look like a stig that wears headbands and thinks poi is cool.

The cloth wristbands are a breeding ground for bacteria, which isn’t a great surprise.

Professor of microbiology Dr Alison Cottell conducted a study that discovered cloth wristbands contain twenty times more germs and bacteria than clothes do.

Testing wristbands that somebody had been wearing since Reading Festival 2013, Dr Alison Cottell discovered a high amount of staphylococci and micrococci bacteria.

Advertisement

233 Here Is Why You Shouldnt Keep Wearing Your Festival Wristbands

If you’re like me and have no idea what this bacteria is or what problems it can cause, Dr Cottell explained. And it’s pretty grim.

She said:

Advertisement

Staphylococci are usually harmless although they can cause boils and infections of cuts and grazes, and can also cause a form of acute food poisoning if they are ingested.

It would be advisable not to wear them if working in industries such as healthcare or food preparation, where there is a risk that the bacteria may spread to other people.

So there you go, if looking like Swampy isn’t enough to make you cut your disgusting and stinky festival bands off, hopefully the risk of boils and food poisoning will do!

Comments