Like myself, the fellas over at Bro Bible love their cool ranch (or cool original as we know them) Doritos. So much so that they decided to learn how to make them from scratch. And I’m extremely grateful for it.
It’s not like I can’t afford them or anything, but I’m a fan of being productive. So I’m definitely going to create the sh*t out of these things over weekend.
The whole process will take you around 15-20 minutes. So not long at all.
Here’s everything you’ll need, courtesy of Spoon University.
Ingredients for chips:
12 small corn tortillas
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Ingredients for ranch seasoning:
3 tablespoons ranch salad dressing powder (one 1-oz. packet)
1 tablespoon white cheddar cheese powder packet from boxed mac and cheese
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut tortillas into sixths and toss with vegetable oil.
3. Place tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
5. Mix together the ranch powder, cheese powder, garlic salt, salt and paprika in a bowl.
6. Spray cooking spray on both sides of the chips and place in a plastic bag.
7. Add the seasoning and shake gently to coat each chip.