It’s supposed to be a serious, hard-hitting debate show, but Question Time abandoned that just for one week – by inviting regular bell end Joey Barton.
The QPR midfielder, who admitted reading a ‘Politics for Dummies’ book before going on air, was dubbed ‘football’s philosopher king’ by host David Dimbleby.
And he showed exactly why, with some truly fascinating comments about the most important issues of the week. Here’s five of the best…
5. ‘I’ve got more of a chance of winning an election than the Lib Dems…’ Joey on Nick Clegg and the forthcoming general election.
4. ‘I live nearby, so I’m absolutely against it…’ Joey’s views on the impact a new runway at Heathrow Airport could have on the local community.Advertisement
3. ‘I’ve read about it on the way here. If it’s going to tell the truth, it has to be the whole truth,’ Joey on the Iraq Chilcot Inquiry.
2. ‘It’s a carrot and stick thing…’ Joey on the obesity crisis and how to get children to eat more fruit and vegetables.
1. ‘If I’m somewhere and there was four really ugly girls, I’m thinking she’s not the worst – that’s all UKIP are,’ Joey on the rise of Ukip and their future prospects.