One model has spoken out after a horrific experience following a miscarriage.
Sallie Axl tragically miscarried, and was disgusted when she was handed the remains of her baby in a plastic bag.
She claimed there was ‘no compassion’ shown by the hospital at all, in what should be a time of mourning and grief.
The model added that she was handed the bag almost like it ‘was a takeaway’ and that she had to speak out against the NHS, in order to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
She wrote on Facebook:
On the 17th of July I received my dead baby at hospital in a box and a plastic bag… !! With that another bag of medicines and sent on my way home to grieve.
My dead baby was treated no more than someone handing me over a takeaway.
This is the first time I have been able to talk about this as my ordeal was disgusting.
I was rushed into hospital at seven weeks as I had suffered a miscarriage losing my little angel.
The hospital didn’t remove my child and left the baby to infect me causing me to have a Type IV haemorrhage, losing 40% of my blood, my veins collapsing and taken into emergency surgery (sic).Advertisement
I didn’t have long left to live and have honestly never been so scared in my life.
The more she explained, the more horrifying the ordeal sounded:
When I woke up in a blood-stained bed and gown it took days for the nurses to change them, leaving me in the remainders of the miscarriage and blood all over the floor.
There was no compassion and one nurse referred to my unborn child as a ‘IT’ talking about getting her tested and speaking about taking a slithering off my baby.
This should not happen to women who lose their unborn children!! I should NOT have been left to take my dead child home in a plastic bag!
I have only started coming to terms with this ordeal and will finally be laying her to rest this week. Please stop this happening in hospitals. It just about ruined my life.
Thank God I have my beautiful daughter Nirvana to see me through these times. NHS you should be ashamed!!
Sallie received an outpouring of support on social media, with many fans expressing their shock and calling the ordeal ‘heart-breaking and disgusting’ and ‘something no one should have to go through’.