People From Northern England ‘Panic Buy’ Bottled Water After Parasite Discovery

By : Jamie Roberts |


UNILAD YcQCvdA65 People From Northern England Panic Buy Bottled Water After Parasite DiscoveryInstagram

Following a recent announcement telling people in the North West to avoid tap water, due to a parasite that had been found in it, residents have been panic buying bottled water.

The parasite was found at Franklaw Water treatment plant, and United Utilities have urged residents throughout a large section of Lancashire to avoid drinking tap water, unless it’s been boiled.

Despite it being safe when boiled, shoppers in Preston, Chorley and Blackpool have now cleared most shops out of bottled water, in a wave of panic buying.

Traces of the parasite Cryptosporidium were found at the water works, and when consumed it can lead to vomiting and diarrhoea, and can be potentially deadly.

United Utilities are hoping to fix the situation as soon as possible. Pretty vague, but there you go.

Grab yourself an Evian and sit back and wait.


The Mirror