Student Dies After Laughing Gas Binge

By : Alex BentleyTwitterLogo


Student Dies After Laughing Gas Binge TN1108

A student became so addicted to ‘hippy crack’ that he couldn’t walk, and tragically, he eventually lost his life.

Aaron Dunford, 22, was a student at the University of Brighton, was found dead in his home, with over 200 empty canisters in his bedroom.

The drug is currently legal, but that doesn’t make it safe, especially in such high amounts.

Aaron suffered chronic nerve pain as a result of his addiction, due to a severe vitamin B12 deficiency.

Det Insp Mick Jones of Sussex Police said:

Anyone considering using this substance in this way should think again.

The effect of asphyxia through inhalation could happen on the first occasion it is used or after repeated use.

This tragic case has highlighted that even when it does not result in a fatality there are longer term effects on your health.

“Despite the deceased being a young man, he was unable to walk down a simple flight of steps due to the chronic pain he had in his knees, which was a direct result of using nitrous oxide gas.

Student Dies After Laughing Gas Binge 325Vice

Brighton Coroner’s Court recorded the death as verdict of misadventure by asphyxiation, inhalation of nitrous oxide and chronic nerve pain.

With festival season underway, the popularity of the drug rises massively, so be careful.


Daily Star
  1. Daily Star