A four-year-old girl who called 999 when her mother suffered a near-fatal allergic reaction has been hailed a ‘brave and incredible’ hero.
Suzie McCash from Tynemouth rang the police and explained that ‘Mummy’s got her eyes closed’ and was possibly having an allergic reaction to something.
Northumbria Police said that Suzie almost certainly saved her mother’s life and they gave her a bravery award as well as reuniting her with the emergency staff involved in the incident, the BBC reports.
Her mother Rowena McCash, who made a full recovery in hospital, said:
I feel incredibly fortunate for how brave and clever Suzie was and I am incredibly proud of her.Advertisement
She’s so amazing. Everyone thinks their children are amazing, but this is something else.
Suzie tells me I fell on the floor and that I just wouldn’t get up again.
At some point I got to the sofa, but we don’t quite know what happened after that.Advertisement
I’m so grateful to the police, especially the police call handler, who was just so calm.
The paramedic personally thanked Suzie for assisting him and giving him ‘possibly one of the most professional and succinct handovers regarding her mum that I have ever had’.
Superintendent Nicola Musgrove said that Rowena had stopped breathing altogether and if it weren’t for Suzie, ‘she would undoubtedly have died’.