A woman got one hell of a shock when she opened a flat pack box of drawers from Argos to find a snake inside them.
Ruth Summerbell, from Yeovil in Somerset, said the snake ‘scared the crap’ out of her – as you can imagine – when she opened her new set of drawers, The Mirror reports.
The 33-year-old said she screamed when the Brazilian python fell out in front of her before she realised that, actually, it was dead.
It looks like a baby python but I imagine it was probably twice the size when it slithered into the box and then it obviously died and dried up during transport.
When I was unwrapping the box I thought it was alive to start with because it was moving with the wrapping.Advertisement
It’s like a dried up crispy thing. It was terrifying and I absolutely hate snakes. You could tell it had eaten before because it had a large bulge in its tummy.
Ruth said that Argos didn’t take her seriously at first, but have now offered her a full refund and are sending a courier to collect the snake – which has been stored by the recycling.
A spokesperson for Argos told The Mirror:
We are extremely sorry for the distress this must have caused our customer and have apologised to them directly.
This is the first time we have heard of such an issue and would like to reassure customers we are actively reviewing the source of the issue with our manufacturers.Advertisement
To quote Neville Flynn: “I’ve had it with these motherfucking snakes in these motherfucking drawers!” More or less…