Footballer Stefan MacRitchie leaves girl, 14, in coma in UK after passing pill into her mouth during kiss pic.twitter.com/TavB0E6LWI
— Nyusu English News (@NyusuEnglish) August 8, 2016
A 14-year-old girl was put into an induced coma after a footballer passed her a super-stength ecstasy pill as they kissed at a party.
Now, the 14-year-old’s mum is demanding he be jailed.
Stefan MacRitchie, of Iverness, recently signed for Strathspey Thistle. He previously played for Fort William, The Mirror reports.
According to prosecutor Michelle Molley, MacRitchie and the girl got together at a house party in Inverness to celebrate the New Year. Adult householders were present, but the majority of the party guests were under 18 and knew each other from school.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, arrived at about 8pm with a friend.
New signings Dominick Edwards and Stefan MacRitchie welcomed at pre season training. pic.twitter.com/OvGNHNeWF6
— Strathspey Thistle (@StrathspeyJags) June 25, 2016
She and the accused met and began kissing.
During the kiss, the accused passed one item from inside his mouth into her mouth.
The complainer swallowed the item. The complainer asked the accused what he had put into her mouth and he replied, ‘eccies’.
But the pill – known as ‘Nintendo’ – had a devastating effect, and doctors had to put the girl into an induced coma after what her mum described as like a scene out of The Exorcist.
Footballer left girl, 14, in coma after Ecstasy pill into her mouth as they kissed – now her mum demands he's jailed https://t.co/Mo5h0XXSdB
— The Daily Record (@Daily_Record) August 8, 2016
The 14-year-old’s mum said:
My daughter was throwing herself off the bed, banging her head off it, crawling on the floor.
It was like something out of the horror movie The Exorcist. She was black and blue.
We were holding her, trying to keep her safe, but she was hallucinating, thinking things were coming out of the walls to get her.
I was trying to comfort her but she was lashing out, although every now and then she’d come out of it and say, ‘Mum, mum, help me, help me, stop this, stop this’.
Her face was so swollen, she looked as if she’d been in a car crash.Advertisement
She was given just a 50-50 chance of survival.
After two failed attempts to sedate her, the hospital decided to put the 14-year-old into an induced coma after her brain showed signs of swelling. She was kept in hospital for a further four nights.
Her mum added: “We asked what her chances were and they told us 50-50 and that when they did wake her up, there was a chance of brain damage.”
The girl has since been released from hospital but ‘stopped socialising’, according to her mum.
Last week, MacRitchie, 20, admitted supplying the class A drug on January 1, 2014. He will be sentenced later this month.
The pills, imprinted with Nintendo’s logo, emerged in Belgium before becoming popular across Europe. There has since been warnings about fake versions of the pill that contain lethal chemicals.