Somewhere, in the darkest part of CBS’s forgotten kid’s shows, Dick Dastardly has just been triggered. Battlefield 1 will have War Pigeons.
Announced among a whole slew of other modes and maps, War Pigeons is definitely the one that’s got people talking. Mainly because it’s so bizarre, it actually sound like a real hoot.
We also know that there will be nine maps available at launch. Here’s a run down of each (via GamesRadar+)
– Battle through a pristine chateau and smash some chandeliers.
– Ambush the enemy in this infantry focused deep-woods map.
– Fight on the banks of the canal or flank up into the dunes while evading mortar fire.
The St. Quentin Scar
– Close-quarters village brawls meet long distance sniper vantages.
– Keep your head down in this arid paradise for snipers and aviators.
– Stick to the bridges and railways or grit your teeth for hectic urban warfare.
– Italians scale the Alps as Austro Hungarians beat them back with cannon fire.
– A fortified shoreline is a perfect opportunity for some battleship barrages.
Giant’s Shadow (Free DLC in December)
– Infantry, tanks, and a train clash in the open air.
If you’re really into maps, you’ll get the full compliment of 16 by forking out for the Battlefield 1 season pass. Because that’s what you have to do nowadays.
Here’s a quick run down of all the announced modes too.
– The classic Battlefield experience, capture and defend spawn points.
– A more close-quarters, infantry-focused version of Conquest.
– Fight across multiple maps in an extended campaign of Attack and Defense.
– Attackers try to destroy Telegraph Posts while Defenders use them to call in artillery.
– Secure the pigeon coup! Carry a pigeon to safety! Send it off to call in a strike!
– Shoot the bad guys, not the good guys.
Battlefield 1 will be heading our way October 21 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.