While the world waits for Left 4 Dead 3 to finally rise from the grave, there’s now a little something new to keep fans of the zombie shooter franchise ticking over.
Rather than a fan-effort, this is actually an official release. Developer Turtle Rock has just put out the (unfinished) campaign ‘Dam It’, entirely for free for those who own Left 4 Dead.
If you decide to head over to the Turtle Rock forums, co-founder Chris Ashton has kindly posted a link to the third-party source where you can download the new campaign right now.
‘Dam It’ includes a few unreleased survival maps, and essentially ‘stitches together’ the Dead Air and Blood Harvest campaigns.
Do bear in mind that as an unfinished bit of content, there are still a few known issues. Turtle Rock reports the following to be aware of:
- Fire, smoke and explosions do not trigger panic events in the hangars.
- Zombies do not crawl all the time in the orchard.
- Farm house mob does not spawn in the far side of the woods.
- Covered bridge does not collapse with explosions.
- Burned forest area is missing wandering fires.
While it may be a long shot, and perhaps too much to hope, I like to think there’s a chance that if this new(ish) campaign is well received enough, then Left 4 Dead 3 will finally make an appearance.