Two girls literally bit off more than they could chew while attempting to eat the world’s hottest chilli peppers.
Sabrina Stewart and Lizzy Wurst had accepted the challenge of consuming an entire Carolina Reaper pepper, reports the Daily Mail.
The Carolina Reaper measures a terrifying 2.2 million units on the Scoville scale – 73 times more than the average red chilli, and 300 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.
Unfortunately for them, the stunt didn’t end too well with Lizzy vomiting and Sabrina suffering an asthma attack and nearly passing out.
Their initial confidence disappeared pretty much immediately as the unbearable heat of the pepper took hold and onlookers quickly became concerned about Sabrina’s wellbeing as she struggled to breath – eventually needing breathing equipment to help her.
Lizzy told the Daily Mail:
It felt like a fire burst in my mouth. I burned the roof of my mouth so that felt extremely weird and painful. On a scale from 1/10 it’s 1,000,000!Advertisement
It was so hard to handle! It was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced.
The pain eventually subsided for the girls after around an hour with Lizzy revealing that it was only by drinking a shit load of milk that she eventually recovered – although she was left with blisters in her mouth and throat.
I would never recommend anyone to try this because it could be worse for them. I could’ve really gotten hurt and I’m thankful I didn’t.
This is too extreme for anyone to try.
I bet someone will though – and I can’t wait for that video…