Man ‘Dissolved’ After Entering Acidic Water Of Tourist Landmark

By : Kieron CurtisTwitterLogo

0 Shares

18157UNILAD imageoptim geyser Man Dissolved After Entering Acidic Water Of Tourist Landmark

The body of a 23-year-old man from Portland, Oregon, was ‘dissolved’ after he made the fatal mistake of trying to enter the boiling water of a geyser.

Advertisement

Colin Nathaniel Scott was visiting the Norris Geyser basin at Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, when he slipped into the acidic water after initially using his hand to test the temperature.

As reported by KULR8, Colin was joined by his sister Sable Scott who allegedly recorded the horrific incident on her phone – but authorities have elected not to release footage or even a description of what it contains.

15870UNILAD imageoptim ad226122439colin nathaniel1 Man Dissolved After Entering Acidic Water Of Tourist LandmarkFacebook

Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress said:

There’s a closure in place to keep people from doing that for their own safety and also to protect the resources because they are very fragile. But, most importantly for the safety of people because it’s a very unforgiving environment…

Advertisement

They were specifically moving in that area for a place that they could potentially get into and soak. I think they call it Hot Potting.

Efforts were made to retrieve Colin’s body, he was located along with his wallet and flip flops but due to an electric storm attempts had to be put on hold until the next day – but that was already too late.

Veress added:

Advertisement

In a very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving.

What a terrible way to go.


Credits

KULR8

Comments