Hoverboards Explode And Set Fires, Give Themselves Even Worse Rep

By :

0 Shares
UNILAD 17 Smart Glider67672 640x426 Hoverboards Explode And Set Fires, Give Themselves Even Worse RepIndependent

Hoverboards are latest daft fad to hit gadget shops across the country.

But firefighters are now warning that the devices – essentially self-balancing scooters – are actually a serious fire hazard, after receiving reports of several blazes caused by the dweeby devices.

Advertisement

Some boards, many of which have been imported from China due to overwhelming demand, are allegedly fitted with non-standard plugs that don’t come with fuses – posing a serious risk of overheating when on charge.

Paul Hodkinson, from Kent, likened the gadgets to a “bomb” after two hoverboards he bought as Christmas presents for his grandchildren caught fire in his kitchen while charging.

The fire destroyed Paul’s kitchen, causing a massive £250,000 amount of damage, in addition to putting lives at risk. Christ.

Advertisement

Despite having only become popular over the last few months, this isn’t the first controversy “swegways” have been at the centre of, as they were made illegal for use on public streets and pathways last month.

Advertisement

Even though Marty McFly may never have had this problem, common sense dictates you should probably keep an eye on these things if you insist on having one.

Happy hovering!

Comments