Teens Die After Drinking Deadly Cocktail Of Mountain Dew And Racing Fuel

By :

0 Shares
0
Shares



Mountain Dew logo.svg  Teens Die After Drinking Deadly Cocktail Of Mountain Dew And Racing FuelWikipedia

Two teen boys died after drinking a deadly mixture of Mountain Dew and racing fuel called ‘Dewshine’.

Officials in Tennessee have revealed that two teenagers have died after consuming the homemade cocktail, which allegedly gives a cheap and quick high, report The Independent.

Advertisement

Donna Seger, the director of Tennessee Poison Centre Medical, told the Associated Press that the teenagers thought they could drink the racing fuel, which is made of methanol. As it is, methanol can be deadly and is extremely toxic.

dewshine 1 Teens Die After Drinking Deadly Cocktail Of Mountain Dew And Racing FuelFacebook

She said:

I think they were trying to substitute the methanol that’s in racing fuel for alcohol. Methanol is metabolised to very, very strong acid. The pH of the blood goes so low, it’s incompatible with life.

Advertisement

Greenbrier Police Chief KD Smith told NBC that they two boys drank the mixture on January 20. One of the teens, Logan Stephenson, 16, died the next day while another, 16-year-old JD Byram, was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Centre and unfortunately died earlier this week.

dewshine 2 Teens Die After Drinking Deadly Cocktail Of Mountain Dew And Racing FuelFacebook

Mr Smith said:

Advertisement

 A lot of people refer to it as ‘moonshine on steroids’. A lot of people call it ‘Dewshine’.

The National Library of Medicine, on its website, calls methanol ‘a nondrinking type of alcohol used for industrial and automotive purposes’.

A GoFundMe has been set up to help support the family of Logan Stephenson.


Credits

Independent

Comments