It’d be bad enough making a grim discovery in your own food, but making that discovery once it is already inside the mouth of your child must be harrowing.
Over in the Russian republic of Tatarstan a two-year-old child has undergone medical checks for sexually transmitted diseases after his mother noticed he was chewing something other than his favourite wafers.
Guzel Khakimullin inspected what her son was trying to eat when she found part of a used condom mixed in with the snack.
Guzel is adamant the packet was not tampered with before she gave it to her son Rayaz.
Speaking to Russian TV she said:
I am very concerned about my son’s health. It is disheartening how a package of sweets can contain something like that. This can happen to any other kid. I want to do as much as I can to prevent it.”Advertisement
Not even a whole used condom, part of one. I don’t know if that makes it worse, but how the hell does that happen?