This is disgusting.
A family of a 3-year-old has claimed they found a ‘filthy three-inch long rat’ floating inside their grandson’s half-drunk bottle of Dr Pepper.
John Graves, from Texas, said his family discovered the rodent inside the bottle a day after they had purchased it for his grandson. Apparently, the toddler had drunk part of his Dr Pepper while in the backseat of the car. He didn’t finish it, so they put the cap back on.
Mr Graves said they didn’t noticed the rodent inside the bottle until the following day because of the drink’s dark colour.
This is what they found:
— FOX25 News Boston (@fox25news) May 11, 2016
He told KPRC News that the rat was a ‘pretty good size. About 3 inches long, with a big tail.’
He added: “You think of rabies. You think of dirty, filthy rodents. You know, what did he ingest? I’m concerned about the health of my grandson.”
I mean, if it’s actually real, this is disgusting.
So far, the toddler hasn’t shown any signs of infection or disease but has sent samples off to be tested.
According to KPRC, a Dr Pepper spokesperson told the broadcaster the company was ‘very concerned’ about the family’s complaint and said it was almost impossible for foreign objects to enter its containers during the bottling process.
However, Dr Pepper said it was unable to carry out a full investigation until the Graves family returned the bottle with the rat still in it. But the results can take 6-8 weeks.
Graves wrote on Facebook: “Response from Dr. Pepper was… ‘send us the bottle and we will let you know something in 6-8 weeks!’ Are you kidding me? What if my grandson drank poison or disease?”
So instead, Graves said he wants to keep the rat to carry out his own testing.
Family shocked to discover a DEAD RAT floating inside bottle: https://t.co/qetYh7tfDs
— lucky (@_1lucky) May 10, 2016
He told KPRC:
I want to get the rat tested to see where it came from, how it got there, if there is any medical concerns we should be concerned about.Advertisement
There is no telling what could happen to that sample.
Obviously, if this whole thing is actually true, it’s extremely concerning and definitely puts me off the thought of ever drinking Dr Pepper again.