In a filthy home in Pennsylvania on Monday, a seven-year-old girl woke up for school to find that her parents were both dead from suspected drug overdoses.
The seven-year-old rang her school letting them know that she couldn’t wake her mum and dad up and that she wouldn’t be able to come to school, reports the Mirror.
Police arrived shortly after and declared both Christopher Dilly, 26, and Jessica Lally, 25, dead. Police also believe that they may have been dead for a number of days.
As well as the seven-year-old, a nine-month-old girl, three-year-old boy and five-year-old boy were also in the house when police arrived and were subsequently taken to hospital for medical tests and screening.
Evidence of hard drug use was later found by detectives inspecting the home however a full autopsy will be conducted to determine the definite cause of death.
Earlier this year a woman who claimed to be Jessica Lally’s sister posted a series of harrowing and disturbing images to Facebook showing the dire state of the home they were living in.
They don’t make for a pretty sight.
As you can see, the two parents were living in a house of filth. There is rubbish, dirt, drug paraphernalia; doors are hanging off their hinges, and what appears to be fecal matter all over the bathroom…
It is certainly not a home to bring children up in.
As if things couldn’t get any worse the Facebook post was accompanied by a message claiming the parents did not care for their children and that the children had medical and development problems caused by their parents’ drug addiction.
Let’s hope that the children involved get the right treatment and care to assure they can go onto live comfortable and happy lives.