Soulja Boy Says He’s Made A $400M Deal But Nobody Knows Why

By : Joseph LoftusTwitterLogo

0 Shares
Soulja boy1 Soulja Boy Says Hes Made A $400M Deal But Nobody Knows WhyWikimedia

Back in 2007, Soulja Boy released his huge hit single, Crank That, but ever since then things seemed to have really quietened down for the once huge rap superstar. 

To be quite honest, I don’t even remember the last time I heard about Soulja Boy, never mind his music – but now he’s making headlines once again, after claiming over Twitter to have confirmed a $400 million (£272m) deal – although it’s not certain whether it’s the truth, or who or what the deal involves.

In a seemingly bizarre series of tweets, the 25-year-old rapper spoke first of his $400m deal early in the morning on Sunday, reports Yahoo.

Advertisement

He wrote:

Although nothing has been confirmed about the apparent deal at the time of writing, Soulja Boy’s random tweet and shout-out to Beyonce in the middle of the revelation has many suggesting that she could be behind it all.

Soulja Boy also took to Instagram to talk about the huge pact:

From being worth 25 million at 25 to being offered 400million and closing out the deal? Just think about where I came from no man seriously!

Advertisement

A photo posted by Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) on

Originally from Atlanta, the rapper became a huge success following the release of Crank That (Soulja Boy) when he was just 17.

Soulja Boy has apparently made millions of dollars from merely ringtone sales alone and likely still receives a hell of a lot of publishing royalties from Crank That and some of his other hits too.

Just recently, Beyoncé used lyrics taken from Turn My Swag On, in a song on her most recent visual album, Lemonade.


Credits

Yahoo

Comments