Irish mixed martial arts superstar Conor McGregor has the world at his feet after he conquered the UFC featherweight division.
He shocked the world in Las Vegas last month after knocking out José Aldo – who had gone unbeaten in a decade – in just 13 seconds and in 2016, the 27-year-old is aiming for even more dizzying heights.
— BT Sport UFC (@btsportufc) December 13, 2015
McGregor is looking to become a two-weight world champion once again, with a tie lined up against Brazilian Rafael Dos Anjos in Las Vegas on March 5th, it has been reported.
But with other potentially big money fights stacking up, there’s still one man that he doesn’t want to face. Well, that’s at least according to the promoter of Cage Warriors- where McGregor reigned supreme as a two-weight world champion.
Graham Boylan says McGregor is apparently scared to get back in the ring with this guy… and you can understand why.
Fellow Irishman Joe Duffy beat McGregor by submission in just 38 seconds back in 2010, during his Cage Warrior days.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Boylan said:
The people within the industry who truly know, know that the rematch is a fight that Conor does not want. He wants nothing to do with that. Everybody knows Joseph beats Conor in every way. Conor will hold out for as long as he possibly can before doing a rematch. Joseph made him look really silly, very quickly. There’s one guy is the UFC who’s got Conor’s number and that’s Joseph.Advertisement
Can McGregor keep avoiding this rematch with the last man to beat him? Only time will tell…