Conor McGregor Goes On Social Media Offensive Ahead Of Diaz ‘Rematch’

By : Kieron CurtisTwitterLogo

0 Shares
con1 3 Conor McGregor Goes On Social Media Offensive Ahead Of Diaz RematchPA

Conor McGregor’s coach John Kavanagh announced Thursday that the UFC were close to confirming a rematch between the Irishman and Nate Diaz.

Well, official confirmation remains outstanding, but ‘The Notorious’ himself has dropped a major hint via Instagram, reports MMA Fighting.

In a post directed at Diaz, and containing a photo of McGregor causing blood to fly from the Stockton fighter’s right eye, McGregor says:

Advertisement

It was a good knock. Enjoy it. We’ll see the next time.

It was a good knock. Enjoy it. We'll see the next time.

A photo posted by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

McGregor’s subtle move back onto the offensive would suggest the time for being humble in defeat has passed, and is a strong indicator he is readying for the rematch.

Advertisement

The comments from Kavanagh would also support Ariel Helwani’s assertion that contracts are already on the table.

He told the Daily Star:

I believe it is going to be announced this week.

Whoever it is there will be a group of fans that will go, ‘Oh I didn’t want to see that, I wanted to see this.

The truth is when it is all said and done, fast forward three or four years when he is wrapping up his career, everybody will have been met. All styles will have been beaten.

Advertisement

Both fighters will get the benefit of a full training camp ahead of the planned UFC 200 bout in July, but will that make any difference to the outcome?

Diaz previously defeated McGregor on March 5 at UFC 196 by forcing the Irishman to submit to a rear-naked choke.


Credits

MMA Fighting and 1 other

Comments