Every year there is a must have present, and this year, it’s the hoverboard.
The hoverboard might be fun and very cool, but it’s also quite lethal. Apparently.
No we’re not talking about them unexpectedly bursting into flames, although they can do that .
Instead we’re talking about bumbling dads trying to ride them. It seems they just can’t resist trying out the battery powered skateboards and most are ending up on their arses.
Despite some of the falls looking particuarly painful, they’re also hilarious and thankfully Twitter managed to archive the best of them for us.
Fathers the world over are being rushed to hospital this holiday season.
The reason why? Dads across the world are injuring themselves trying to be down with the kids and ride hoverboards.
Most just end up looking a tit.
My dad got a hoverboard for Christmas pic.twitter.com/V1xw4a6FD1
— DJ Dez⚡ (@DJDez) December 25, 2015
But others are getting pretty seriously hurt.
My dad sprained his arm riding the hover board this morning… Merry Christmas!!!😂❤️ pic.twitter.com/xeABhkrjeT
— Hailey Shimrock (@hayyshimm) December 25, 2015
Or even spending the holidays in hospital.
dad tried riding a hover board… and now we're here👍 pic.twitter.com/LpZSsczfdb
— juju b (@JuliaKelly2001) December 9, 2015
We’ve got to admit as much as it must hurt, it does look pretty funny.
pls watch my dad on this hoverboard….😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/DinjJyKsii
— Katie Stanley (@katiems10) December 26, 2015Advertisement
This guy looks like he’s got the hang of it… maybe not.
— Heather T (@heathaaa24) December 16, 2015
That’s right aim for the nice soft concrete not the grass.
Hover board fail😂😂💀💀💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/yjT4tvyQZ2
— Hayden Sherrod (@hay4president) December 25, 2015
See this guy knew! Aim for the carpet, not the floor.
The wall decorations are bearing the brunt of the craze.
— ➊AlexCam ⏩ (@1alexcam) December 25, 2015Advertisement
That’s not to say mums are any better.
— ➊AlexCam ⏩ (@1alexcam) December 26, 2015
Even Santa can’t ride one safely.
Although apparently this guy managed to come away unharmed.
Got Dad on the exploding hover board. He came out unscathed miraculously pic.twitter.com/yBjkFgUrZt
— Elisa Furr (@elisafurr) December 22, 2015
Remember stay safe this Christmas and try and keep your hoverboard out of your dad’s hands. He’ll only hurt himself.