NOPE: Man ‘Eaten Alive By Maggots’ Video Closes Hospital Ward

By : Kieron CurtisTwitterLogo

NOPE: Man Eaten Alive By Maggots Video Closes Hospital Ward mag1LiveFocus West/YouTube

Warning: Graphic Content

The burns ward at a Romanian hospital has been closed after shocking footage of maggots feasting on a patient’s flesh was released online.

The video was captured by an unknown medic at the specialist Emergency Hospital for Plastic Surgery and Burns in Bucharest, reports the Daily Mirror.

It has also been confirmed the man in the video later died, although the hospital has denied this has anything to do with the maggots.

NOPE: Man Eaten Alive By Maggots Video Closes Hospital Ward maggotsKieron Curtis | UNILAD

The whistleblower said:

There are people who have been admitted to the Burns Unit 10-11 days ago.

They were brought directly to us. Considering that the unit is full of flies, the things we see in the video are, most likely, fly larvae.

Răzvan Luțac, the journalist who broke the story for Gazeta Sporturilor, added:

What you see there are not medical maggots.

This is a part of a biggest investigation started by Gazeta Sporturilor, showing the reality from our hospitals.

We started it after the Colectiv nightclub fire from 30th October 2015.

A lot of young lads died after a fire in a Bucharest nightclub, but, after some days, a doctor from the same hospital told us that a lot of them passed away not because of the burns, but because of the hospital infections.

Luțac continued:

We also discovered that Hexi Pharma, the main producer of disinfectants in Romania, diluted its products.

A lot of doctors told us that this is the main reason why our hospitals are full of infections. After a month, the boss of Hexi Pharma, Dan Condrea, committed suicide.

NOPE: Man Eaten Alive By Maggots Video Closes Hospital Ward mag3Kieron Curtis | UNILAD

Romanian Health Minister Vlad Voiculescu confirmed the ward’s closure, saying:

Let me start by telling you how much I regret the situation of the Burn Hospital patient.

The guilty will be held accountable. The Bucharest Police is already there. We cannot blame the entire medical staff. It’s the only hospital where we have great burn specialists.

They cannot be blamed en masse. As long as you don’t have an air conditioning system, as long as you have windows without insect screens and you have flies, you have a major problem.

What a disgusting situation.

For the sake of anyone currently admitted to the hospital, or with friends or loved ones currently in their care, the appalling conditions will hopefully be rectified as a matter of urgency.


Daily Mirror