If you’re about to tuck into a delicious McDonald’s, you might want to look away now. In fact, if you’re about to eat anything… run while you still can.
Jasper Lee was eating a breakfast meal from the restaurant chain when he spotted real-life-actual-worms crawling around his pork sausage patty – after he’d taken several bites out of it.
The 27-year-old IT worker from Singapore was rightly shocked by this discovery, he told the Daily Mail: “To say it came as a shock to me would be an understatement. I’ve eaten the same meal many times but never will again. I totally lost my appetite after that and I was almost sick.”
A representative from the company picked up the meal to test it. McDonald’s Director of Operations for Singapore, Patricia Yong, told the Mail food quality and safety were their top priority and they had launched an investigation into how the worms got there.