Imagine peeling back your duvet after a long day to find an enormous deadly snake waiting for you.
That’s exactly what happened to a Brisbane couple when they were faced with an eastern brown snake who was getting a little bit too comfy.
Of course, Aussies are much more accustomed to creepy critters than us wimpy Brits who squeal at the itsiest of bitsy spiders, however this is no ordinary reptile…
The eastern brown snake, which can grow up to 7ft in length, is in fact the second most venomous land snake on earth. Its venom is chock full of neurotoxins which can force dangerously heavy blood clotting.
One nasty nip from one of these wriggly fellas can lead to paralysis, renal failure or cardiac arrest. There is also the very real possibility of a bite proving fatal.
Snake catcher (coolest job ever?) Stewart Lalor was able to remove the poisonous creature from the suburban home, before making the following statement on the Elite Snake Catching Services Facebook page:
Called out to a property in Murrarie where a brown snake was discovered in a customers bedroom. Not exactly the best place to encounter a highly venomous snake.
The eastern brown snake ranks as the second most venomous land snake on the planet. Fortunately these guys have no interest in humans and are only dangerous when interacted with, however in a situation like this the outcome could have been unfavourable.
It was safely removed and relocated away from any properties, always remember to leave snakes alone and call a professional snake catcher to deal with the situation.
EASTERN BROWN FOUND IN BRISBANE BEDCalled out to a property in Murrarie where a brown snake was discovered in a…
Thank goodness the couple sought professional help rather than trying to chuck the snoozy – yet very speedy – serpent out themselves.
You would not like to see this guy when he’s angry…
Jules studied English Literature with Creative Writing at Lancaster University before earning her masters in International Relations at Leiden University in The Netherlands (Hoi!). She then trained as a journalist through News Associates in Manchester. Jules has previously worked as a mental health blogger, copywriter and freelancer for various publications. When not Lad-ing about, she enjoys cooking, reading and trying not to fall over in Yoga.