Mum Accidentally Photographs Lethal Predator Lurking Inches From Her Daughter
A mum got the shock of her life after her daughter’s picture was photobombed by a huge-arse, deadly snake.
What started as a nice innocent picture quickly turned into a ‘dicing with death’ situation when Bianca Dickinson took a picture of her two year old daughter Molly in the Australian outback.
They were waiting for Molly’s two older siblings to get back from school in Kaniva, in Victoria when her mum decided to take a picture. Everything seemed perfectly normal until a two-metre long brown snake appeared centimeters away from her daughter.
Talking to The Age, Mrs Dickinson said:
It was really windy. Then I looked up out of the camera to see where the bark went and saw a big mother of a snake.
I’m surprised it didn’t touch her, it was so close. I checked her for bite marks still.
Molly was pretty lucky as the Eastern brown snake is the second most venomous terrestrial snake and has been credited with around 60 per cent of the snake bite deaths in Australia.
Their venom is known to cause diarrhea, dizziness, collapse, convulsions, renal failure, paralysis and cardiac arrest – any one of which sounds fucking grim.
As mentioned before Molly came out unscathed but her mother said ‘it was a good reminder that snakes are still active’.
Which after this video of a man being cut out of a 23 foot python emerged, is a timely reminder:
Snakes. Just no.