Paul O’Grady Heartbroken After Announcing Death Of His Dog Bullseye

0 Shares

TV personality, Paul O’Grady has shared a heartbreaking tribute to his epileptic pup, Bullseye, who suffered a fatal seizure.

O’Grady told listeners on his BBC Radio 2 show about the horrible ordeal the family went through to try to save the dog, who’s one of two dogs with epilepsy Paul has homed.

The TV presenter, who hosts For The Love Of Dogs, said the news was ‘lousy’ – and anyone who’s ever lost a beloved pet will get where he’s coming from.

Paul made the announcement, saying:

Now I will tell you my lousy news. You know that I did have an epileptic dog called Bullseye. I’ve got two dogs that both have epilepsy and I’ve managed it with medication.

However on Monday night he had a massive seizure, like a really bad one that he didn’t come out of and on the way to the vets at two o’clock in the morning he died in the car.

The TV presenter continued:

I can’t tell you, poor old Bullseye. He was such a lovely dog, he had a thing about doorways, you had to coax him through them and he wouldn’t go upstairs.

It was part of his condition I think, he was a sweet little dog and sadly missed.

Paul has also used his radio show to pay homage to his other dogs, including Buster and Olga.

Paul then said he was considering getting another pet but wasn’t sure if he could cope with the heartache.

He said:

Maybe a mongoose might twist my arm… but no, I can’t handle it. It’s what I always say – invite an animal into your life, inevitably, you invite heartache.

But then why contemplate the hangover when you’re at the party, you know what I mean? So that’s the poor saga about poor old Bullseye, he’s gone but not forgotten.

To make matters worse for the 63-year-old, who’s grieving for one pet, another suffered a medical emergency on the same evening.

Paul explained:

I get home from the vets and one of my other dogs had found a bar of chocolate that was 80 per cent cocoa that had been left out stupidly – not by me, I don’t like chocolate – on the coffee table.

So we had to go back, it was the same emergency vet, for her to get her stomach pumped and we got her back two days later looking worse for wear because she was covered in charcoal because, you know, they give them charcoal at the vets.

The ambassador for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home has rescued three animals and also owns his own pet food brand.

If you have a story you want to tell, share it with UNILAD via [email protected]