Student Fighting For Life After Being Bitten By ‘World’s Deadliest’ Spider
WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGERY. You’ve been warned…
A Peruvian student is fighting for his life after being attacked by one of the world’s most deadly spiders.
Orlando Andrés Jiménez, 31, was bitten on the neck by what’s believed to be a Chilean recluse spider. He was in the bathroom of his college in Punta de Bombón, a town on the coast of Peru, when it fell from the ceiling, The Mirror reports.
The spider’s venom causes necrosis of the skin, and in more extreme cases can lead to organ failure and death.
Jiménez suffered severe kidney failure as a result of the bite and may lose his eyelids and left ear. He became drastically ill just 30 minutes after being bitten.
He is receiving kidney dialysis and his family have set up a Facebook page to raise money to help cover expensive medical costs.