A woman, who could only be identified as Lekshmi L, was rushed to hospital after suffering from severe headaches, only to find out she had a spider in her ear.
If you suffer with arachnophobia, I’m going to have to send out a little warning – this may just traumatise you.
Lekshmi, who lives in India, was taken to a hospital in Karnataka after she said she was experiencing headaches from sleeping on her veranda.
After an inspection from the Doctor, they saw an eight-legged creepy-crawly burrowed inside her ear hole.
There are so many things to say right now, the first one is, ‘how in the world did that get in there?’. Secondly, if I was the doctor attending, I’d tell her, on principle, ‘this is beyond my skills’ – but only because it’s so just weird.
Honestly, the minute the white spider crawls out of her ear, a cold shudder went straight down my spine!
According to The Indian Express, Dr Santosh Shivaswamy was the ENT Consultant who treated Lekshmi. The good doctor told reporters it’s fairly normal to have people seeking medical attention for strange objects in their ears, but Lekshmi’s case was a first for everyone involved.
I was terrified as I could feel movement of a creature in my ear. The acute ear ache followed by sharp pains suffocated me.
I couldn’t think of anything and was petrified when the doctor confirmed presence of a spider in my ear.
We can’t blame Lekshmi’s reaction to finding out there was a spider in her ear. If it was me, I would have passed out just from the news.
Look, I’m not scared of spiders… I just don’t want to find them in places where they don’t belong. Like my lunch, my laundry or my god damn ear.
Another similar story went viral a couple of years ago, where a video showed a spider crawling out of a guy’s ear after he swam in a lake.
Bruce Branit posted the video to his YouTube channel captioned:
I went swimming at Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and got a super painful ear infection. Totally blocked ear canal.
Tried to use my phones camera to see if I could see anything. Found this!
It turns out Branit is actually a visual effects artist and he created the video. I guess it’s a credit to him the whole of the media and internet thought it was real and were thoroughly terrified.
If you happen to catch a spider where it’s not supposed to be, please don’t do what one arachnophobe did and take it out with a blow torch.
One man’s overreaction – after he tried to used a propane torch to kill spiders and burn spider webs underneath his mobile home – resulted in his humble abode going up in smoke.
When firefighters arrived, they said an elderly woman had to be carried out of her burning home by her son and neighbours.
If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected].