Conor McGregor is back and raring to go. How do I know? He’s my mate. We talk all the time.
Jokes. I wish! I do follow him on Twitter though, where he keeps his adoring fans on tenterhooks with some frankly bemusing tweets.
This one, for example, has caught the attention of Twitter users across the world.
In the short 16-second clip, McGregor can be seen emerging from darkness only to approach the camera and yell right into it.
The Irish lad will make his long-awaited return to the Octagon against Khabib Nurmagomedov on October 6.
The lightweight title fight was confirmed during the UFC’s 25th Anniversary press conference earlier on Friday, August 3. It will take place at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, and will air live on pay-per-view.
Since a respectable, and incredibly lucrative, defeat at the hands of Floyd Mayweather McGregor’s MMA return was hotly anticipated with a war of words and transport dollies escalating between he and Russia’s Nurmagomedov.
By the looks of this recent video upload, McGregor is still very much full of beans and hungry to unleash his lethal left fist.
If you’re around newborns, it’s probably for the best you keep the sound off on this one.
Back in April, the SBG fighter was charged with three counts of assault and criminal mischief after launching an attack on a bus carrying Khabib and other fighters who were prepping for UFC 223 in Brooklyn, New York.
McGregor, along with a group of about twenty others, is said to have confronted Nurmagomedov, who was on a bus with other fighters at the Barclays Center.
It was claimed McGregor ran up alongside the slowly moving bus, before grabbing a metal dolly, which he threw at it.
Fighters Ray Borg and Michael Chiesa were allegedly injured by shattered glass, and sent to hospital. They were then both removed from the Brooklyn card on the advice of the NYSAC and the UFC’s medical team.
Following the attack, McGregor waited a while before he handed himself in.
McGregor was held overnight at the 78th precinct in Brooklyn, New York, just a couple of blocks away from where the altercation took place.
Following the incident, UFC president, Dana White, claimed Conor’s actions were disgusting, and that it put the Irishman’s future in MMA at risk.
I think everybody is going to be pretty disgusted. Listen, if you don’t like Khabib then fight him. You can do it legally. This fight is happening Saturday we could have done it. You could have done it within the rules of fighting.
But you want to grab 30 friends and come down here and do what you did today. It is disgusting. I don’t know if he is on drugs or whatever his deal is. This is a guy who just had a baby.
Do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now? I don’t think anybody is going to want him right now.
Conor had been out on a $50,000 bail leading up to his court appearance.
William Kephart, a former prosecutor in Long Island, had said McGregor’s case was ‘just a run-of-the-mill’ one, adding how the most serious charge would be criminal mischief.
Following a plea-deal McGregor’s two felony charges were reduced to a single misdemeanour, and while he faces no jail time he will serve five days of community service, and attend anger management.
If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]