Warning: Distressing images.
Police have released CCTV footage of a dad-of-two being knifed 10 times while on the way home from the pub.
The footage shows the 50-year-old making his way home when he was knifed 10 times and left for dead in what officials are calling an unprovoked attack by a stranger.
The victim is seen crossing the road in Barking when a hooded figure approaches from behind, attacks him with a blade and runs away.
After managing to stagger away from the scene, the dad-of-two was found by his wife. He was put into a coma and spent weeks in hospital recovering, according to the Met Police website.
Officers said nothing was stolen and the father didn’t have a dispute with anyone that night. They are treating the attack as attempted murder.
Detective Constable Roxanne Dawe, from Barking and Dagenham CID, said:
This was an incredibly violent attack on a married father-of-two who was just walking home after a night out as he did every Friday.
He had not had an argument or a dispute with anyone that night and we can find no motive at all for what happened. Nothing was stolen from him.
We hope the release of CCTV footage showing what happened will prompt someone to come forward with information.
An innocent man very nearly lost his life and this incident is being treated as attempted murder, so if you know anything at all, please contact us.
Police have since released this CCTV footage of the October 28th attack:
The suspect is described as aged 20 to 30, wearing a dark hooded top with the hood up, light-coloured trousers and light trainers. No arrests have been made so far.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1096 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.