Keanu Reeves will keep playing John Wick, eternally protecting the assassin’s pup, for as long as you’d all like him to.
The actor, who has portrayed the guy worse than the Boogeyman for the past three films in the popular neo-noir franchise, has got more life in him yet, he confirmed in a recent interview…
Which is great news for his long-suffering dog, who starred in the latest released clip:
As the Beirut-born 54-year-old Keanu Reeves embarks on the promo tour for the upcoming John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum, fans can rest assured the third installment isn’t the end of the road, as far as he’s concerned.
GQ asked how long he’d play John Wick and he delivered the most John Wick answer, saying:
As far as my legs can take me. As far as the audience wants to go.
His co-star Ian McShane said the franchise could last another decade if fans continued to show up to theaters to support their efforts in an interview earlier this month.
In comments echoed by Keanu, McShane said:
Probably in 10 years, John Wick would still be going. You never know, Keanu might be running the hotel and everything by then.
John Wick, the world of John Wick is being explored in the next one. That will be more about the High Table, you find out more about him, his background, whatever.
Preparing for who knows what the hell will happen next time. It gets bigger. I think you’ll enjoy that too.
John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum promises to be the most violent entry in the series yet with the ‘highest death count‘ of any of the films – which isn’t altogether surprising as the assassin’s journey picks up with a hefty price on his head.
It’s also going to be the longest film in the franchise to date – presumably so they can fit in all those killing scenes – so fans have a hell of a lot of film to look forward to.
That’s what you get for knocking off Santino D’Antonio in the Continental, I guess.
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is set for release on May 17.
If you have a story you want to tell, share it with UNILAD via [email protected]