A chicken nugget festival is coming to the UK in August and it looks absolutely incredible.
Not only will there be loads of food but organisers will be on the look out for the Chicken Nugget King, and Queen, of London. Now I know a few people who could be in the running for that.
And there’s a chicken nugget eating competition. Sign. me. up.
chicken nuggets are so important
— t y l e r (@TylerCetina) January 21, 2018
The event is quickly gaining interest on the ‘We Love Meat’ Facebook page, which promises ‘the best chicken nuggets in London’.
As well as that, there will be the ‘biggest variety’ of nuggets, as well as ‘brand new drinks’ and live music. Oh – and wings!
Tickets to the event – which is scheduled to take place on Saturday August 11 – haven’t been released yet but more information will follow on the London’s First Chicken Nugget & Wings Festival page.
People cannot get enough of nuggs recently and Rub Smokehouse, The Gate restaurant (the people behind the Yorkshire Pudding Pizza) have cottoned on.
They have launched what they call the ‘Nugzilla’.
It’s as the name would suggest, a giant nugget – and they’re offering £500 to anybody who can eat it within six minutes.
The rules are as follows:
1. The challenge is to eat the Nugzilla unaided in the quickest time possible.
2. The challenger must not leave the table while the challenge is on.
3. If the challenger vomits then their entry is void.
4. The challenger must not share the Nugzilla.
5. The entry will only be accepted if all is eaten including the fries and all sauce mopped up.
6. Drinks are allowed.
7. All challenge attempts must be made with a reservation – book up online here – adding the challenge attempts in the notes. Challenges cannot be accepted on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You can enter the eating competition at any Rub Smokehouse & Bar restaurant.
8. The winner is the challenger with the fastest time under 6 minutes 20 seconds. This will be announced on the Rub Facebook.
9. Any times under 10 minutes will not be charged for and will receive a free T-Shirt in the post.
I have several important emails to respond to but instead I’m gonna come on twitter and tweet about chicken nuggets because I love them.
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) January 23, 2018
The current record stands at six minutes 20 seconds. Great attempt, but unlucky!
Just to put things into perspective for you, the Nugzilla is the equivalent of 85 standard nuggets.
Speaking to UNILAD, Rub Smokehouse said:
No one’s beaten it yet. I haven’t seen anyone make themselves physically ill, but we get a lot of people asking for beds and stuff or just to lie down so they can deal with the food.
Talking about the popularity of the Nugzilla, they added:
It’s quite specialised so I think people might train themselves for it, to be honest. They’ll see it and come and normally give us a heads up in advance, asking if the prize is still up for grabs, so there’s definitely a thought process which goes behind it before people give it a whirl.
I want to bathe in chicken nuggets
— Drakestopher (@drakestopher) January 25, 2018
Alas, no-one has come close to topping the set record just yet:
Not at the Newcastle branch, no. We had one chap beat the original ten minutes when it first started and he got his money back and a t-shirt, but no-one’s beaten the new six minute mark yet.
Right, I’m off to McDs…