unilad
Advert
Advert
Advert
Advert

Woman Blames Sainsbury’s After Burning Cottage Pie She Put In Microwave For 45 Minutes

by : UNILAD on : 19 Jun 2019 12:57
Kylie

A woman who microwaved a cottage pie for 45 minutes complained to the supermarket which sold it to her after it came out burnt and inedible.

Advert

20-year-old Kylie Jarman had planned to tuck into the tasty treat with her sister-in-law Sarah, however they were unable to enjoy the ready meal after microwaving the pie for 45 minutes – rather than cooking it in the oven for 45 minutes, as per the instructions.

Jarman, who had spent £1.39 on the pie, complained about said instructions online, sharing a photo of the burnt dish and advising others not to buy the meal, as ‘this is what happens when you put it in the microwave for 45 minutes.’

Uploading her error to Facebook, Kylie wrote:

Don’t buy cottage pie from Sainsbury’s as this is what happens when you put it in the microwave for 45 minutes.

Advert

Thankfully, plenty of Kylie’s friends were there for her, to offer a few words of wisdom and the proper way to warm up a nutritious and delicious ready meal.

Kylie Jarman/Facebook

Helpfully, many people pointed out Kylie’s error, saying: ‘Four to five minutes more like!’ and ’45 mins in the microwave, I’m surprised it’s not radioactive.’

Kylie saw the funny side though, adding: ‘We can have a laugh about it now. It’s silly but we’ve had a giggle.’

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]

UNILAD

Ed Watkinson is a content strategist and editor at UNILAD. Having worked for several large media agencies for over 10 years, he joined LADbible Group in 2017 and has been overseeing organic content performance since then.

Topics: Food, burned, burnt, cottage pie, microwave

Credits

The Sun
  1. The Sun

    BEEF GRIEF Woman slated as ‘brain dead’ after complaining on Facebook her cottage pie was burnt – after she MICROWAVED it for 45 minutes