Woman Opens A Ferrero Rocher And Is Horrified By What’s Inside


Posted by Rachael Vile on Thursday, 31 August 2017

A woman in Chicago got an unwanted surprise when she unwrapped her Ferrero Rocher chocolate.

We’ve all seen adverts for Ferrero Rocher, their marketing team does a superb job making the chocolate look prim and sophisticated but they might want to re-think their strategy after this nightmare.

US Navy Technician, Rachael Vile, should’ve been looking forward to filling her stomach with the golden wrapped chocolate, instead,b along with the creamy coco, crispy wafer and hazelnuts,  she and her roommate came across scores of wriggly maggots.

Posted by Rachael Vile on Thursday, 31 August 2017

She immediately posted her discovery on Facebook, writing:

Never eating these again!!!! This is what my roommate and I found. Maggots in every single one. Ferraro Rocher [sic] what the hell?!?

I always bought these but this whole thing and I already ate half!?!? My roommate caught it.

I’m never buying from this company again. Share this so people are aware. Please!!!

Posted by Rachael Vile on Thursday, 31 August 2017

One Facebook friend suggested the product may have been well past it’s sell-by-date, however Rachael explained the chocolate was set to expire next year, on 6 March.

Rachael’s video posts showed the maggots residing in the chocolate, despite being wrapped up and packaged as you would expect to see them on store shelves.

The company soon got in contact with Ms Vile and released a statement following her gruesome find:

We would like to reassure everyone that at Ferrero, we pride ourselves on the quality of our products and have strict quality control procedures in place throughout our operations.

Our products need to be stored carefully to preserve their characteristics and we advise specific storage conditions on the product packaging and on our Ferrero Rocher website.

We take every consumer issue seriously and are already in contact with the consumer to investigate this matter fully.

Posted by Rachael Vile on Thursday, 31 August 2017

As you should already know, maggots can contaminate food products when they’re stored in unsanitised areas or storage units.

Female maggots can live up to a month and within that time frame, they can lay up to 2000 eggs in batches of about 75-150 at a time.