Gamer Tries To Poison Family After They Unplug Wi-Fi
A man from Thailand attempted to poison his own family after they unplugged the Wi-Fi to stop him playing.
29-year-old Sak Duanjan from Sisaket, northeastern Thailand, returned drunk to his family home late on June 13, and proceeded to play games loudly on his smartphone. His parents had been trying to sleep at the time, and were disturbed by the noise.
In a bid to get some peace and quiet, Sak’s stepdad, 52-year-old Chakri Khamruang, rose from bed and switched the Wi-Fi off. This prompted a furious argument, with Sak reportedly screaming obscenities at his stepfather and trashing the house.
During the commotion, Chakri hit his stepson in an alleged attempt to get him to sober up. After they had both retired to their beds, Chakri assumed the confrontation had blown over.
However, events took a nasty turn the following morning when Sak’s mother, 51-year-old Suban Duanjan, went to fetch water from the well to cook rice with.
Suban was left severely shaken after seeing lethal pesticides floating on the surface of the well water.
Suban was dismayed that her son would be driven to potentially kill his own family members over such a trivial matter, stating:
I saw my son went downstairs and putting something on the jar around 2am. I asked him what he was doing but he didn’t answer and returned to his room. So, I let it go and went back to bed.
I still didn’t believe that he could do this. I know that he gets angry very easily. We tried our best to deal with his anger but this time it has become too much.
The family made the decision to call local authorities as they no longer felt able to deal with Sak’s rage on their own.
We wanted government officers to take him for treatment at the hospital because we don’t want to live in fear wondering when he would attack us again.
He plays on his phone so much, I think that’s what makes him stressed. It’s hard to stop him as he’s a grown boy now. So we have asked for help.
Sak later confessed to having poisoned his family’s water supply because he was still furious about having been stopped from playing his smartphone game. Fortunately, nobody was injured, with the pesticides discovered before anyone could be poisoned by the water.
If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]