Guy Shares Graphic Photos Showing Aftermath Of Vape Pen Explosion


Warning Graphic Content!


A young man who suffered second degree burns after his e-cigarette exploded in his mouth has shared pictures of his injuries.

Andrew Hall, from Pocatello, Idaho was getting ready for work on Saturday morning when his electronic cigarette malfunctioned and blew up in his face.

The resulting explosion caused second degree burns, blew out several of Andrew’s teeth and left him in intensive care while he recovered from his injuries.

Well, it's been a really rough 24 hours+ but I feel I have to share. Thank you for my family and especially Airelle for…

Posted by Andrew Hall on Sunday, 15 January 2017

Thankfully Andrew survived the incident but he’s shared the graphic images of his injuries online as a warning to others who vape.

Posting on social media, he wrote: 

I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to [possibly] sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.

I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips. I was lucky and [there] was a huge amount of damage to the room in my house I was in as well.

Please feel free to share my story and take care. Thank you again friends, work and family that have reached out to offer help, I greatly appreciate it!

Posted by Andrew Hall on Monday, 16 January 2017

Andrew had taken up vaping while attempting to quit smoking and had been using his e-cigarette for a year before the accident.

A number of people however have claimed Andrew either faked the explosion or had modified it in such a way that it would malfunction.

While Andrew remains in hospital recovering from his injuries, he has since posted photos of the bathroom where the cigarette exploded along with pictures of the broken device itself.

He claims the photos prove he had not modified the cigarette and that this was just an accident.

Andrew’s added that he’s not against vaping but he felt he had to share this story so people were aware of potential danger.