Portable toilets are bad enough, never mind having to use one and getting your cock bit by a highly venomous spider at the same time.
But that’s exactly what happened to this 21-year-old Aussie tradesman who was hospitalised last Wednesday when a redback spider literally attacked his penis while he was having a wee.
The redback typically kills its prey by injecting venom through its two fangs when it bites, before wrapping its victim in silk and sucking out the liquefied insides – can’t say that sounds particularly ideal.
Although paramedics were called to the scene, the man was able to get to hospital himself despite the crippling pain brought on by the bite down under, according to Mashable.
A bite from a Redback spider is massively venomous and just one bite alone can cause severe pain, nausea, excessive sweating and even convulsions.
In the past, Redback bites have proved fatal, but fortunately bites are rarely deadly nowadays as an anti-venom was created over 60 years ago.
Although this patient was in a pretty bad state, he has since been released from hospital and is reportedly in a stable condition.
Joseph Loftus is a Gold Standard NCTJ journalist with four years experience working for international and regional press.
As well as working for UNILAD and LADbible, Joseph has worked as Liverpool Correspondent for Unsigned & Independent Magazine, as well as stints with the Liverpool Echo and Warrington Guardian.