Priest Suffers Horrific Burns After Hot Coal Ritual Goes Very Wrong

0 Shares

Warning: Distressing Content

SWNS

This is the horrifying moment a priest in India suffered 60 per cent burns after he tripped and fell while running across hot coals as part of a ritual.

The 35-year-old priest, known as Vijay Kumar, was performing the ritual at a festival when he lost his footing and fell front-first into the fiery burning pit.

Shockingly, there’s a video of the incredibly painful incident which shows Kumar tumble, before two fellow priests, standing at the end of the red hot runway, rush to his aid and pull him to safety.

Check it out below, but be warned, it’s very graphic:

The entire thing only lasts for a few seconds but you won’t be forgetting it any time soon. The pain must have been unreal.

Miraculously, Kumar survived the incident, however, as a result, he received 60 per cent burns to his legs.

All three priests were taken to St. John’s Medical College Hospital in Bengaluru, India, where Kumar was treated for his burns.

SWNS

His rescuers also received 15 – 20 per cent burns after the accident, which happened at Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple in the Ramanagara district of Karnataka, India, on April 28.

Apparently, the path of fiery coals is prepared the day before the festival, by burning wooden logs.

The Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple is located atop a hill, about 3,000 ft above sea level and is considered sacred by Shaiva followers.

Priest Suffers Horrific Burns After Hot Coal Ritual Goes Very WrongSWNS

Last year a story emerged about a priest in South Africa who sought to prove to his congregation they were above death, by persuading them all to drink rat poison.

Priest Light Monyeki from Soshanguve, South Africa, took it upon himself to prove his followers were superhuman and immortal, with a seriously dangerous stunt.

The priest declared to his congregation they should not fear death, as they will not die, before proceeding to pour bottles of water contaminated with rat poison into their mouths…

He said:

We do not need to proclaim faith because we are believers. Death has no power over us.

Grace Living Hope Ministries/Facebook

Horrifyingly, many of his followers ran forward to take a fatal drink from the bottle.

The priest took a swig from the poison fluid before pouring it down the throats of his loyal congregation.

Disastrously, yet predictably, the members of his church started to complain of stomach pains and by the evening, five of them had died.

A further 13 more were taken to hospital for the ingestion of the lethal drink, but despite all of this, Monyeki allegedly denied responsibility.

Instead he announced:

Too much of any good thing could be bad.

Grace Living Hope Ministries / Facebook

Who would’ve figured that no matter your faith, lack of faith, or agnosticism, downing a load of poison would end up killing you? Not me anyhow.

It’s sad to think his followers put so much faith and trust in him, which ultimately cost them their lives.

If you have a story to tell, contact UNILAD via [email protected]


Avatar

Joseph Loftus

Joseph Loftus is a Gold Standard NCTJ journalist with four years experience working for international and regional press.As well as working for UNILAD and LADbible, Joseph has worked as Liverpool Correspondent for Unsigned & Independent Magazine, as well as stints with the Liverpool Echo and Warrington Guardian.