Bomb Found At Paris St Germain Football Ground


Five people are being held by police after a bomb was found near Paris St Germain’s ground hours before the team were due to play a match.

The ‘improvised explosive device’ was discovered on Saturday morning hours before PSG’s 6-2 win over Bordeaux, according to reports.

Five people are in custody, including one terror suspect who was reportedly under surveillance, according to the Metro.


The ‘bomb’ comprised of four gas cylinders covered in petrol and were found in the 16th arrondissement of the capital city ‘shortly before 4.30am on Saturday’.

The cylinders were reportedly linked to a mobile phone that could ignite them ‘causing an explosion’, investigators said earlier today.

Almost 50,000 fans were at the match to watch PSG in action at the Parc des Princes stadium.

A source said:

The device was soaked in petrol and operational. It was found when a local resident of the building in RueChanez called the police shortly before 4.30am on Saturday.


French interior minister Gerard Collomb said one of the men was known to police and was on the ‘FSPRT file’, according to the Independent.

The FSPRT file denotes someone who has been so radicalised they ‘display possible signs of a terrorist’.

Collomb made a suggestion the suspect may have used a ‘nebula’ – or somebody who looked like him – to avoid the agents who were trailing him.

He told France Inter radio station:

When you watch someone, there is always a nebula, a friend ready to help the one who is on the file.

Blowing up a building in a chic neighbourhood shows that no one is safe. It shows that it could happen anywhere in France.


The bomb was defused by experts at the scene before the match with all five men remaining in custody but details of the bomb’s discovery were withheld from public knowledge until today to allow terror police to carry out further raids across the French city.

On Friday November 13, 2015 three suicide bombers targeted the Stade de France during multiple terror attacks in the city.

The first of three explosions occurred outside the stadium where France were playing Germany in an international friendly.


A man wearing a suicide belt was reported to have been prevented from going into the stadium after a security check detected the explosives.

The bomber and a passer-by were killed when his bomb detonated.

A second man detonated his suicide vest outside a different entrance at 9.30pm and a then a third suicide bomber blew himself at a fast-food outlet near the stadium at 9.53pm.


Meanwhile, there were other deadly attacks taking place elsewhere in the capital.

15 people died in an attack on a bar and restaurant, Le Petit Cambodge. Then came an attack on diners a few streets south of rue Alibert, in front of the Cafe Bonne Biere and La Casa Nostra pizzeria in rue de la Fontaine au Roi. Five people were killed and eight were severely injured.

The deadliest attack of the night came at the Bataclan concert venue, in the 11th district, where the band Eagles of Death Metal were playing a sold-out show. 89 people died as men fired assault rifles into the crowd.


130 people lost their lives overall in the series of attacks that night.