Child Abuser Viciously Attacked In Court By Other Prisoner


A man who was sentenced to prison for at least seven-and-a-half years after sexually assaulting a four-year-old girl was attacked by another prisoner moments after being convicted.

Taking place in front of filmed courtroom, Christopher Elwell, aged 29, was sentenced this week to five-to-seven-and-a-half-years in prison and now has his name on a sex offender’s list.

Minutes after the judge passed Elwell’s sentence he was set upon by Joasiah Davies who was awaiting his own court sentencing.

[ooyala player_id=”5df2ff5a35d24237905833bd032cd5d8″ auto=”true” width=”1280″ height=”720″ pcode=”twa2oyOnjiGwU8-cvdRQbrVTiR2l” code=”12NzlrZDE6_5i7DJzzo7Hy43PbkwCfsV”]

Despite being handcuffed, shackled and surrounded by court security Davies was able to approach Elwell and headbutt him multiple times before being pulled away.

The courtroom scuffle, filmed by WMUR-TV, saw Davies – who was was awaiting arraignment and hearing for a probation violation – kicked off when staff sat him next to Elwell.

Barely taking his seat, 27-year-old Davies got up and landed multiple headbutts on the convicted sex offender before having to be retrained by courtroom staff. Despite being attacked from out of nowhere Elwell appeared unfazed.


The two did not know each other so presumably the attack was sparked due to Elwell’s crime of sexually abusing a child.

Elwell’s assault took place on June 24th and 25th of this year in Dover, New Hampshire. He was 28-years-old when he committed the crime on a four-year-old girl who was sleeping over at a Dover Housing Authority property.

He was arrested and charged with ‘aggravated felonious sexual assault’ after the girl’s mother told her what happened at the sleepover.


According to the New Hampshire Union Leader Elwell already had a criminal record for ‘four felonies and six misdemeanours’. In 2008 he was convicted of two counts of felonious sexual assault after he admitted to engaging in sexual acts with a 14-year-old.

Davies, who was also charged with 17 felony counts for allegedly passing $9000 (£6680) in fake cheques, could also be facing up to seven years in prison after his attack on Elwell.