Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour Dates Revealed
Halloween is over – it’s now November which can only mean one thing, Christmas is coming!
However, as we all know, Christmas isn’t truly here until the Coca-Cola advert has been on television and their infamous Christmas truck has kicked off its tour.
Today, the fizzy-drink giant announced the tour is about to kick off, letting us know where and when you can see the infamous lit-up, red vehicle.
In a Facebook Live segment, Coca-Cola revealed the iconic tour will kick off in Glasgow on November 11 and visit 42 locations all across the UK before finishing in Essex on December 17.
Now in its seventh year, the tour will continue to spread its festive cheer across the UK, as fans enjoy a 150ml can of Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Classic in a ‘winter wonderland’ setting, while taking selfies with the truck.
The familiar jingle ‘holidays are coming, holidays are coming’ will signal both the arrival of the truck and Christmas time.
Since the tour started in 2011, the truck has made an amazing 397 stops travelling more than 730,000 miles – the equivalent of going 29 times around the world.
Lit by 373 bulbs and an astonishing 8,772 fairy lights, the truck really does have it’s own Christmas sparkle.
Check out the image below to find out when the truck is coming to a town near you:
Notable dates include:
- Glasgow, Silverburn Centre – November 11
- Newcastle, Asda Bolden Collery – November 14
- Bristol, The Mall – November 18
- Cardiff, Queen Street – November 19
- Leeds, Whiterose Shopping Centre – November 24
- Southampton, Westway Shopping Centre – November 25
- Doncaster, Lakeside Village – November 26
- Sheffield, Fox Valley – November 28
- Manchester, Intu Trafford – December 2
- Liverpool, Liverpool One – December 5
- Wembley, London Designer Outlet – December 8
- London, Jingle Bell Ball – December 9
- Birmingham, Edgbaston Street – December 9
Aedamar Howlett, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain said:
Coca-Cola is synonymous with the Christmas season and it’s no secret that our much-loved Christmas Truck Tour marks the unofficial countdown to Christmas.
We can’t wait to start spreading holiday cheer and we are excited to announce a brand new route for 2017 – which brings a sprinkling of festive magic to fans across the UK.
As well as announcing tour dates, Coca-Cola also confirmed the famous ‘Holidays Are Coming’ Christmas advert will be returning to UK screens – 22 years after being first aired.
You can catch it for the first time on Channel 4 on 17 November.