Details Of Las Vegas Gunman’s Final Call Revealed

0 Shares
BBC/PA

The brother of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock has spoken out about the final messages he received prior to Sunday night’s massacre. 

Eric Paddock was interviewed outside his home in Orlando that he was ‘completely dumbfounded’ by the tragedy which has so far killed 50 people and injured another 400.

Describing his 64-year-old brother as just someone who lives ‘in a house in Mesquite, drove down and gambled in Las Vegas’ Eric revealed that he called their mum prior to his assault on revellers nearby the Mandalay Bay Resort and Hotel.

He said:

He called his mother. I don’t understand. It makes [no sense]. There’s no… anything.

He was just a guy. Something happened, he snapped or something.

Describing the moment his family learned of the shocking news, he added: 

We got phonecalls. We’re operating with the cops, the PD. This is like [if you] called me up and said ‘your next-door neighbor did this’ and I say ‘Wow, my next-door neighbor did this. All I’ve seen him do is mow his yard.’

The fact my brother did this… we don’t understand. This was done like he shot us. If he’d killed my kids I couldn’t be more dumbfounded.

I can show you the text. He said ‘How’s mom?’ That was it. I hope someone figures it out ’cause we’d like to know.

Getty

Talking about Stephen’s attitude towards guns, Eric said:

[He wasn’t] an avid gun guy at all. The fact he had automatic weapons… where the hell did he get automatic weapons? He has no military background.

Sheriff Joseph Lombardo identified Stephen Paddock as a ‘lone wolf’ attacker.

He said:

The suspect’s name is Stephen Paddock, with a date of birth of four, nine of 1953. As far as history and background we haven’t completed that part of the investigation.

We located numerous firearms within the room that he occupied. All’s we know is that they were rifles.

We are executing a search warrant on the room. We have officers at his residence, and we will be executing a search warrant there also shortly.

It is going to be a long and tedious investigation. We are bringing in all the resources of the FBI to assist us in this investigation, in particular to their victim witness advocates and their CSI folks to help us process the scene and ensure that we are getting all the evidence that we can possible obtain.

Eye witness Mike Cronk, 48, described the horror of the shooting in gritty detail.

He told ABC News:

I was at the concert there and Jason Aldea was playing and it sounded like some fireworks going off and then I think that was the first volley and then all of a sudden there was this second volley.

My buddy was like ‘I just got hit’ and he got hit three times. People started diving for the ground and it just continued and it was pretty much chaotic and lots of people got hit.

It took a while to get him out, we had to get him over the fence and hiding under the stage to be safe and finally we had to move him because he had three chest wounds.

He added:

We got him out here and we got four people into the back of a truck but then we got turned around because there was an active shooter so we couldn’t go down that street.

We finally got an ambulance right across the street here and got two of the guys in and one guy ended up dying in my arms because he was bleeding.

My buddy got in there and we got three more people in that ambulance and I just got a message my buddy is going to be okay.

For families looking to locate missing loved ones, call 1-866-535-5654.

If you are able and willing to donate blood for the injured victims of the Strip shooting visit the Labor Health & Welfare Clinic, 7135 W. Sahara.