President Donald Trump’s star in the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame has been destroyed by a vandal for the second time.
LAPD had previously been called in to investigate after Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star was first destroyed with a pickaxe back in late 2016.
Now, they will presumably end up back on the case.
Police were seen standing around the damaged star, debris and ruble all over the shop.
The suspect was alleged to have concealed his tool in a guitar case prior to the hellraising, according to the Daily Star.
So this just happened again… somebody used a pick axe to destroy Donald Trump's star on the Walk of Fame. Still trying to learn more, but we know it's been vandalized multiple times, just never on this level. @NBCLA 📸: Victor Park/Loudlabs pic.twitter.com/lzq7YrsSRV
— Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) July 25, 2018
James Otis, the OG vandal, had disguised himself as a construction worker so as not to raise too many eyebrows as he savagely took the star apart almost two years ago.
He allegedly planned to auction off pieces of the star to raise money for for the legal defence of the 11 women who have accused Trump of groping them.
The self-proclaimed activist later released a video to explain his actions.
It was very difficult. The stone was like marble, hard to get through. It would have taken an hour.
I’d like to try to go back and try to get the other part of the star. I just don’t know how to do that yet.
Otis was sentenced to three years of probation and 20 days of community service, and ordered to pay $4,400 (£3,300) for the damage he caused.
In July 2016, a protestor built a 12cm-high concrete barrier around the star with razor wire, alluding to Trump’s comments about building a wall on the American border with Mexico. Some months before, a swastika was sprayed over the plaque.
Then earlier this month, American comedian George Lopez pretended to have a slash over the star.
In a video, Lopez is seen whipping out a small bottle of water and pouring it over Trump’s marker, with a handy pixellation to make it look like the real thing. It was a possible nod to allegations made against Trump regarding wee. I don’t wanna go into it here. Google, if you must.
Not a fantastic month for the US president, really. Amid all the World Cup delirium, Trump met up with Vladimir Putin who he assured did not take any part in election meddling.
Trump said, as per the MailOnline:
I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we have all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time frankly before I got to office. And I think we’re all to blame.
There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it. That was a clean campaign. I beat Hillary Clinton easily.
There was no collusion. I didn’t know the president. There was nobody to collude with in the campaign. There was no collusion with the campaign.
In one case the FBI said there was no lie. There was no lie. Somebody else said there was. We ran a brilliant campaign. And that’s why I’m president.
Alright mate, we get it.
If you have a story to tell, contact UNILAD via [email protected]