Travel website TripAdvisor has recently found itself embroiled in a bit of controversy after a man’s review was deleted because it was written in Welsh.
The whole thing is made even more bizarre when you consider some of the enlightened reviews which are actually permitted to remain on the site.
Tourists are welcome to post their unabridged thoughts on the places they’ve visited across the globe and, while there are some quite glorious reviews of hotels, bars and restaurants to check out, it’s certain people’s takes on the most revered and famous landmarks on Earth which are particularly incredible.
From the backpacker who hated the Great Wall of China because it was “too long” to the tourist who went to a National Park, only to determine that “nature is crap”, we’re really glad these people took the time to post their experiences online.
Here’s just eight of the best…
1) The Grand Canyon – Arizona, U.S.
2) Christ the Redeemer – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3) Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
4) Niagara Falls – Ontario, Canada / New York, U.S.
5) Stonehenge – Wiltshire, UK
6) Great Wall of China
7) Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, U.S.
8) Sydney Opera House – Sydney, Australia
Experienced Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager, with over eight years working in social media, paid social, website management, blogging and marketing.