Famous Fitness Blogger Killed In Whipped Cream Accident

0 Shares
@rebeccablikes/Instagram

French fitness blogger Rebecca Burger has died after a tragic accident involving a whipped cream dispenser.

According to French media, Burger died of cardiac arrest after a defective whipped cream dispenser exploded hitting her in the chest and, despite medical attention, she sadly passed away.

Her death was announced by her grieving family on her Instagram page on Wednesday.

The post said:

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Rebecca, who died on June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home.

The popular fitness blogger was well-known in France with 55,000 Facebook fans and 154,000 followers on Instagram.

A family member posted on Rebecca’s Instagram a picture of the dispenser with a warning that the public should not use it as thousands of the ‘defective devices’ remain in circulation.

The post warned:

Here is an example of a chantilly siphon that exploded and struck Rebecca’s thorax, resulting in her death.

The siphon that caused her death was sealed. Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Several tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation.

The post did not name the brand of dispenser.

It is not the first time that a significant accident has occurred from the use of a whipped cream dispenser.

According to French consumer magazine, 60 millions, injuries caused by the gadgets range from broken teeth and tinnitus to multiple fractures and, in one case, the loss of an eye.

Our thoughts are with Rebecca’s family and friends.


Emily Murray

Emily Murray

Emily Murray is a journalist at UNILAD. She graduated from the University of Leeds with a BA in English Literature and History before studying for a Masters in Journalism at the University of Salford. Emily has previously worked for the BBC, ITV and Trinity Mirror. When Emily isn't writing about topics including mental health and entertainment, you can find her at the cinema which is her second home.